1. Born in Trinidad of Indian descent, which novelist wrote the novels "A House For Mr. Biswas, In A Free State" and "A Bend In The River"?
2. What's the title of the book published in 1979 by Kit Williams which contains a riddle that for two years involved millions of readers around the world in the search for a golden hare?
3. Who wrote the poem Annus Mirrablis which opens with the line - 'Sexual intercourse began in nineteen sixty three (which was rather late for me)'?
4. Born in London of Australian parents who, in 1973, became the first Australian to win the Nobel prize for Literature?
5. How is Delores Haze better known in an anonymous novel first published in Paris in 1955?
6. What is the name of the heroine of Truman Capote's Breakfast At Tiffany's?
7. Born in Prague, who wrote the novels The Trial and The Castle, both published after his death in 1924?
8. In which novel by Australian author Patrick White does Oliver Halliday, the wannabe 'nature poet' appear?
9. Who has written a series of best-selling novels featuring the heroine Emma Harte?
10. Published in 1958, Exodus is the best-known book of which American author?
11. Published in 1926, The Sun Also Rises helped to establish the reputation of which American novelist?
12. James Farrell's Studs Lonigan trilogy of novels tells of life on the south side of which US city?
13. Name the American writer who died at the age of 44 in 1940 with his novel The Last Tycoon left unfinished.
14. Holden Caulfield is the main character of which American novel that was rather controversial when first published in 1951?
15. From Feathers To Iron, An Italian Visit and The Magnetic Mountain are all collections of poems written by whom?
1. V. S. Naipaul
3. Philip Larkin
4. Patrick White
6. Holly Golightly
7. Franz Kafka
8. Happy Valley
9. Barbara Taylor Bradford
10. Leon Uris
11. Ernest Hemingway
13. F. Scott Fitzgerald
14. The Catcher In The Rye
15. Cecil Day Lewis