1. How many goals did Gary Lineker score for England?
2. Who were the first nation to defeat England after their 1966 World Cup triumph?
3. For which Italian club was Mark Hateley playing when selected for England in 1985?
4. Who holds the record for the most number of England caps?
5. And how many did he win?
6. At the 1986 World Cup finals, England fielded two players with the same name. What was it?
7. Who captained England at Euro 2000?
8. Steve Bloomer won 23 England caps btween 1895 and 1907. For which two clubs did he play in that time?
9. Which former England captain married one of the Beverly Sisters?
10. Against which country did Trevor Brooking win his first England Cap?
11. With which non-League side did Stuart Pearce play before his transfer to Coventry City?
12. Who was the last Third Division player to be capped by England?
13. Who became the 1,000th player to be selected for England, in September 1987?
14. Who scored a hat-trick against Poland in a 1999 European Championship qualifier at Wembley?
15. How many England caps did Bryan Robson win?
16. Who scored in six consecutive England appearances from 1981 to 1982?
England Football Quiz Answers
3. AC Milan
4. Peter Shilton
6. Gary Stevens (one played for Spurs, the other for Everton)
7. Alan Shearer
8. Derby County an Middlesbrough
9. Billy Wright
12. Steve Bull (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
13. Neil Webb
14. Paul Scholes
16. Paul Mariner