Pot Luck - General Knowledge Quiz Questions
1. What is the Decalogue usually called?
2. What is the name of Italy's state airline?
3. Which American golfer has been nicknamed the 'Golden Bear'?
4. Which London tube line is coloured green on the underground map?
5. The handsome peacock belongs to which family of birds?
6. What goes a Geiger counter measure?
7. In the fight for racial equality, black people in an American state organised a boycott of buses in 1955 to protest against race laws. Which state?
8. In 1960 Amy, Sally and Mo made a space flight. Who or what were Amy, Sally and Mo?
9. From which ancient game does badminton derive?
10. In which country does the ever Rhine rise?
11. In which novel does the parrot called Captain Flint appear?
12. Which young actor died in a car crash in California in 1955?
13. What would you expect to find in a sarcophagus?
14. In the Bible, who was Bathsheba's first husband, at the time when she caught King David's eye?
15. What does the term AWOL mean to a soldier?
16. In World War II, what was the Manhattan Project?
17. In what field was Maria Montessori famous?
18. The film Ring of Bright Water told the story of which type of creature?
19. Before British coinage was decimalised, how many old pennies made a florin?
20. In which sport did Mike Getting become famous?
21. What was Beethoven's first name?
22. Count' was the nickname of which jazz musician?
23. What type of furniture is a davenport?
24. Name the official record of the daily proceedings in the British Parliament.
25. Which country is known as the 'land of the midnight sun'?
1. The Ten Commandments
2. Al Italia
3. Jack Nicklaus
9. Battledore and shuttle cock
11. Treasure Island
12. James Dean
13. A corpse
14. Uriah the Hittite
15. Absent without leave
16. Development of the atomic bomb
23. Writing Desk