Pot Luck - General Knowledge Quiz Questions
1. What is the name given to the killing of a brother?
2. In which film do Paul Newman and Robert Redford jump into a river holding hands?
3. What is the name given to a female deer?
4. Why was a young American girl, Karen Anne Quinlan, in the headlines in 1976?
5. Who gave his name to the seventh month of the year?
6. What are the names of Princess Anne's two children?
7. Where would you find the Guggenheim museum?
8. What would you do with a Lee Enfield?
9. The film Gone With The Wind was based on novel by which author?
10. In Moscow, where does the Church of St. Basil stand?
11. According to the proverb what do too many cooks do?
12. Which saint is the patron of fishermen?
13. By what name is the author H.H. Munro better known?
14. Which was the first war to be photographed?
15. In the well-known saying, "He who can, does; he who cannot...." does what?
16. This port is known as the 'gateway to India'. What is it?
17. Which are the two smallest continents?
18. Who is considered to be the first of the classical economists?
19. What does the name Antarctica mean?
20. Which youth organisation held its first jamboree in 1920?
21. Name the 23 year old who died of suspected drug abuse in 1993.
22. Which person wrote, 'a little learning is a dangerous thing'?
23. What is the actual Italian name for the great city of Venice?
24. Which zodiac sign has the symbol of the bull?
25. A religious sect, which was founded in Ireland, moved to Devon, England in 1831 and took its name from its new home. Name it.
2. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
4. She was in a coma and her parents fought a successful legal battle to have her removed from the respirator.
5. Julius Ceasar
6. Peter and Zara
7. New York
8. Shoot with it
9. Margaret Mitchell
10. Red Square
11. Spoil the Broth
12. St. Peter
14. American Civil War
17. Australia and Europe
18. Adam Smith
19. Opposite the Arctic
20. Boy Scouts
21. River Phoenix
22. Alexander Pope
25. Plymouth Brethen